Monday, May 16, 2011

Lambing Update and some new pics - May 16th

We've had a number of ewes lamb in the past few days and the nursery is getting full! We are officially past the halfway point for lambing this year and I'm starting to look forward to the end of it.

Here are pics and details of the new arrivals. I am doing this by memory so may get some of the genders wrong. I'll double check the records this evening and post corrections, if applicable.

Let's start with pics of Tatiana and Easter's babies.

I was able to get a photo of Tatiana's ewe lamb but her ram lamb appears to be camera shy. We'll have to try again later this week. The twins are sired by our BFL ram, Amadeus.


Here is a photo of Easter's ewe lamb. She is by FirthofFifth Aman. She's got a bit of a funky lamb fleece and I'm reserving judgement for now. We'll see how her fleece develops over the next few weeks. I've had a few born like her in the past whom I didn't like as newborns but had fantastic fleeces once they were 2-3 months old.



And now for the new arrivals...

Late in the evening of May 12th, WillowGarden Joan Crawford lambed twins by V Creek Leo. One ewe, one ram, both are black gulmoget. Now if only I could remember which has the krunet... It's a good thing I wrote it down. LOL!



On Friday, May 13th, Dailley Dailley presented us with a lovely pair of twins by our BFL ram, Windblest Amadeus. The white one is a ram, the other a ewe.


On Saturday evening, May 14, WillowGarden Aretha Franklin presented us with two lovely babies by FirthofFith Aman. Both are moorit. One ewe lamb, one ram lamb. Don't ask me which is which in these photos. They are both solids and I can't tell them apart unless I look at the plumbing. :-)


And finally, this morning... (Sorry, no pics yet.)

Sheltering Pines Hope produced a nice set of twins by V Creek Leo. I forgot to check genders. Will have to do that tonight!

Ewenique Daphne produce a nice big healthy ewe lamb. She's black gulmoget and by WillowGarden Wedge.

No comments:

Post a Comment